Within a framework of Christian values and fellowship Hose Church of England Primary School will:
- Provide a positive, happy and caring environment in which everyone can flourish.
- Raise levels of attainment for all pupils, enabling them to achieve their personal best.
- Develop confident, disciplined and enquiring learners who are able to make informed choices.
- Foster a love of learning.
- Promote self-esteem and personal responsibility and respect for the needs and feelings of others.
- Ensure considerate and positive relationships between all members of the school community.
- Promote equal opportunities in relation to gender, race, class, special needs and beliefs.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Promote a thoughtful attitude towards the immediate and wider environment.
Our Ethos Statement
Hose Church of England Primary provides the highest quality education within the context of caring Christian beliefs and practices, in close affiliation with St Michael and All Angels Church. Our engaging curriculum stretches from the school connecting with home, church and our local community. The values we celebrate and promote in school shape the whole of our children’s lives. All children are given the opportunity to develop their own spirituality, to be curious and ask big questions, to celebrate and to make good choices.
Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do. In partnership with families, we nurture self-belief, encouraging all to become successful, able and responsible members of the global community.
The Staff and Governors of Hose Primary School aim to provide an environment in which every child is encouraged to be .....
- a happy and confident learner, achieving his/her full potential
- well motivated and involved in all appropriate school activities
- numerate, literate and creative, taking pride in individual and common achievements
- a caring, tolerant, self-respecting and responsible member of school and society
- careful to value everyone and to respect difference in origin, background and belief
- thoughtful, questioning and able to make informed choices and decisions
- able to grow in body, mind and spirit and ready to meet the challenges and opportunities of adolescence and adult life
by providing ....
- A distinctly Christian culture of care and respect.
- a safe and secure environment conducive to good learning experience
- a broad and balanced curriculum, with clear expectations and attainable targets
- appropriate teaching methods in a stimulating environment
- a wide range of relevant, well maintained resources
- assessment, recording and reporting frameworks which give opportunities to recognise all achievements
- an open and welcoming atmosphere, valuing the contributions and support to staff, parents, governors and the community.